Developing for Android has drastically changed over the last few years.
We now have a gigantic toolbox we can benefit from to improve our productivity and build better applications.
During this presentation I will introduce some of the tools we use daily at happn, a multi-million users French dating application.
I will talk about many tools that help us to:
- Simulate a laggy/instable HTTP(s) connection
- Interact with our application to analyze logs, views, and modify any data (inc. memory / shared preferences / database) in real time
- Change our application's backend server without recompiling
- Better understand our technical debt
- Create a REST mock server in a few seconds to anticipate the development of a feature when the backend is not developed yet
- Measure the performance (cpu/memory) of our application
- Decompile our application to better understand and analyze its security
- Alter a server response and check whether the application behaves properly
- and many more tips...
Basic android knowledge required.